Safe School and Child Centered Urban Disaster Risk Reduction (CCUDRR)
The safe school (SC) and Child Centered Urban Disaster Risk Reduction (CCUDRR) project is launched in five municipality of Kathmandu valley with the support of Plan Nepal. Each school is taken as the pilot project of safe school initiatives in each location of Kathmandu Metropolitan, Lalitpur Sub-Metropolitan, Madyapur Thimi Municipality, Kritipur Municipality. Similarly, 6 child homes and one hostel are chosen for CCUDRR follow up in Kathmandu valley and 5 schools of Safe school project in Kathmandu valley.
Schools Benefitting from Safe School Project:
1. Shree Sarswoti Lower Secondary School, Manohara,. Thimi.
2. Shree Samaj Sudhar Secondary School, Taualchhay tole, Bhaktpur.
3. Shree Bal Binod secondary School, Na tole, Lalitpur.
4. Shree Mitra lower Secondary School, Chabahil, Kathmandu.
5. Brihaspati Bidya Sadhan, Naxal, Kathmandu.
Child centered facilities benefitting from the CCUDRR Project:
1. Safalta HIV Shikshya Sadan Bhatkepati. Kirtipur Municipality.
2. Child Protection Center and Service, Chabahil -7, Kathmandu Metropolitan.
3. Bal Mandir, Naxal -1, Kathmandu.
4. Volunteer Foundation Nepal, Sanepa, Lalitpur.
5. Rehabilitation Center for Child and Orphanage, Thimi.
6. Peace Zone girls Hostel,Lalitpur Pulchowk, Lalitpur.
7. Unnati Foundation, Vyasi, Bhaktapur.
Major Works of Safe School and CCUDRR Projects:
1. Awareness raising.
2. Development of Safe School Toolkit.
3. Capacity development programs: Teacher and student focused.
4. IEC materials: Publication and promotion.
5. Formation and strengthening of student focused Child Clubs.
6. Disaster orientation, mock drills and street dramas targeting students.
7. Stationery support and publication of Wall Magazines promoting creativity and expression among children.
8. Research on "Mapping of Civil Society Organizations Working on Children, risk and resilience urban centers, 2013".